Associated Music Teachers League
Honors Concert Event Details
THE 2020 HONORS CONCERT
DATE: Sunday, May 31, 2020, at 4:00 PM.
* * * Due to the recent pandemic, our annual Honors Concert at Steinway Hall is cancelled. * * *
In lieu of the live event, a Video Concert is planned to be presented on the AMTL website
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications must be completed by the Instructors and submitted by Monday, May 11, 2020.
- Send your fully completed Application Form (with any relative attachments) to Max Antig, at: email@example.com
- Alternatively, you can send your completed Form(s) by NON-REGISTERED mail, to:
Max Antig (re. HC), 136-37 Jewel Avenue, #B, Kew Gardens Hills, NY 11367.
VIDEO DEADLINE: All video links re. applications must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, May 17, 2020.
- Each applicant must submit one to two YouTube links corresponding to ‘live-concert’ video(s) presenting them in performance(s) that took place in any concert hall within the period September 2019 – May 2020.
- The title of the repertoire selection featured in the submitted YouTube video, must be stated accurately and fully (complete title, opus number and composer) in the description/information box beneath the video.
- All video links re. applications must be sent to email@example.com, by no later than May 17, 2020.
ELIGIBILITY & AGE LIMITS (at the time of performance): Pianists no older than 22 years of age; String Players no older than 22 years of age; Singers no older than 26 years of age; Composers no older than 27 years of age.
ENTRIES & REPERTOIRE: One or two compositions from the advanced standard repertory of Baroque, Classic, Romantic, or Contemporary composers. Arrangements are not acceptable, except for certain standard solo or ensemble pieces, which must be approved by the Concert Chair prior to the audition.
∗ ∗ ∗ Two piano ensembles (4 hands / 8 hands) are welcome to enter this year’s Concert. ∗ ∗ ∗
∗ ∗ ∗ String and Wind Ensembles (String Quartets, Wind/Brass Quintets, Piano Trios/Quartets, etc.) are also welcome. ∗ ∗ ∗
∗ ∗ ∗ Composers up to 27 years of age are welcome to premiere their work(s). ∗ ∗ ∗
PERFORMANCE TIME: No longer than ten (10) minutes in total, even for entries comprising two (2) compositions.
MEMBERSHIP: To enter students at the discounted rate, an instructor must be an AMTL Member at least since December 2019. Non-Members must pay an additional fee (cf. below). AMTL Members must not be in arrears in the payment of their dues at the time of application; otherwise, Non-Member Fees will apply. Applicants and their instructors must be in good standing.
FOR AMTL MEMBERS:
ENSEMBLES / COLLAB. GROUPS:
$30 per solo entry (Student expense)
$20 per Performer (Student expense)
ENSEMBLES / COLLAB. GROUPS:
$50 per entry: $30 Student expense + $20 Instructor expense, paid SEPARATELY.
$20 per Performer + $20 Non-Member fee for the Ensemble, paid SEPARATELY.
The additional $20 fee for Non-Members must be paid by a separate check or online transaction, as it is not a student expense.
Please note that participation fees are non-refundable.