Associated Music Teachers League
Honors Concert Event Details
THE 2022 HONORS CONCERT
DATE: Sunday, May 8, 2022, at 5 and 7 pm (EDT)
Due to the recent pandemic, in lieu of our live Honors Recital, an online Event will be presented on the AMTL website, at http://amtl.org.
APPLICATION & VIDEO DEADLINE: Applications must be completed by the Instructors and submitted online with the respective YouTube links by Sunday May 1st, 2022.
- Any YouTube video links that cannot be submitted within the online Applications, must be emailed to Max Antig at email@example.com, by no later than the same date (Sunday, May 1st, 2022).
- For each composition stated in an Application, a YouTube video link must be set up and sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Each YouTube video must be labelled with the initials and year of the event (HC2022), followed by the candidate’s initials and age. E.g., for a 14-year-old John Smith, the respective post should be labelled HC2022JS14.
- Each video must comprise a good-quality one-angle shot, showing the performer’s full body. In the case of pianists, the entire keyboard and foot pedals must also be shown. No multi-angle shots or other forms of amplification are allowed.
- In each recording, the applicant may only announce the repertoire selection to be performed (complete title, opus number and composer). If the performer’s name or other personal information is mentioned, their application will be disqualified.
- Only full recordings of each repertoire selection must be posted, without edits or cuts; partial recordings will be disqualified.
- Each repertoire selection must be recorded on a separate YouTube video (i.e. 2 pieces will require 2 separate video links).
- Although live accompaniment is preferable, Strings and Voice applicants are free to use pre-recorded accompaniment for this year’s online event.
- All compositions must be performed from memory, except for entries re. Composers (e.g. premier works) or Strings performers.
ELIGIBILITY & AGE LIMITS:
Age limit for all performers and composers is 25 (at the time of performance).
ENTRIES & REPERTOIRE: One or two compositions from the advanced standard repertory of Baroque, Classic, Romantic, or Contemporary composers. Arrangements are not acceptable, except for certain standard solo or ensemble pieces, which must be approved by the Concert Chair prior to the audition.
∗ ∗ ∗ Two piano ensembles (4 hands / 8 hands) are welcome to enter this year’s Concert. ∗ ∗ ∗
∗ ∗ ∗ String and Wind Ensembles (String Quartets, Wind/Brass Quintets, Piano Trios/Quartets, etc.) are also welcome. ∗ ∗ ∗
∗ ∗ ∗ Composers up to 25 years of age are welcome to premiere their work(s). ∗ ∗ ∗
PERFORMANCE TIME: No longer than fifteen (15) minutes in total, even for entries comprising two (2) compositions.
EVALUATION: The Adjudicators’ reports on video auditions will be emailed to the individual Instructors.
PARTICIPATION FEES: $50 per performer (soloist / ensemble member)
Please note that participation fees are non-refundable.