Associated Music Teachers League
Honors Concert Event Details
THE 2021 HONORS CONCERT
DATE: Sunday, May 9, 2021, at 5:00 PM.
Due to the recent pandemic, in lieu of our live Honors Concert, an online Event will be presented on the AMTL website, at http://amtl.org.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Online Applications must be completed by the Instructors and submitted by Monday, April 26, 2021.
- Questions? … Contact Max Antig, at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
VIDEO DEADLINE: YouTube video links referring to applications must be either submitted within the Online Application Form, or emailed to email@example.com by no later than Monday, May 3, 2021.
- For each Application, a YouTube video link must be set up and sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Each YouTube video must be labelled with the initials and year of the event (HC2021), followed by the applicant’s initials and age. E.g., for a 14-year-old John Smith, the respective post should be labelled HC2021JS14.
- Each video must comprise a good-quality one-angle shot, showing the performer’s full body. In the case of pianists, the entire keyboard and foot pedals must also be shown. No multi-angle shots or other forms of amplification are allowed.
- In each recording, the applicant may only announce the repertoire selection to be performed (complete title, opus number and composer). If the performer’s name or other personal information is mentioned, their application will be disqualified.
- Only full recordings of each repertoire selection must be posted, without edits or cuts; partial recordings will be disqualified.
- Each repertoire selection must be recorded on a separate YouTube video (i.e. 2 pieces will require 2 separate video links).
- Although live accompaniment is preferable, Strings and Voice applicants are free to use pre-recorded accompaniment for this year’s online event.
- All compositions must be performed from memory, except for entries re. Composers (e.g. premier works) or Strings performers.
ELIGIBILITY & AGE LIMITS:
Age limit for all performers and composers is 25 (at the time of performance).
ENTRIES & REPERTOIRE: One or two compositions from the advanced standard repertory of Baroque, Classic, Romantic, or Contemporary composers. Arrangements are not acceptable, except for certain standard solo or ensemble pieces, which must be approved by the Concert Chair prior to the audition.
∗ ∗ ∗ Two piano ensembles (4 hands / 8 hands) are welcome to enter this year’s Concert. ∗ ∗ ∗
∗ ∗ ∗ String and Wind Ensembles (String Quartets, Wind/Brass Quintets, Piano Trios/Quartets, etc.) are also welcome. ∗ ∗ ∗
∗ ∗ ∗ Composers up to 27 years of age are welcome to premiere their work(s). ∗ ∗ ∗
PERFORMANCE TIME: No longer than fifteen (15) minutes in total, even for entries comprising two (2) compositions.
EVALUATION: The Adjudicators’ reports on video auditions will be emailed to the individual Instructors.
MEMBERSHIP: To enter students at the discounted rate, an instructor must be an AMTL Member at least since December 2020. Non-Members must pay an additional fee (cf. below). AMTL Members must not be in arrears in the payment of their dues at the time of application; otherwise, Non-Member Fees will apply. Applicants and their instructors must be in good standing.
FOR AMTL MEMBERS:
ENSEMBLES / COLLAB. GROUPS:
$40 per solo entry.
$25 per performer.
$40 PLUS $25 per solo entry.
$25 per performer
Please note that participation fees are non-refundable.