Associated Music Teachers League
Honors Concert Event Details
THE 2021 HONORS CONCERT
DATE: Sunday, May 9, 2021, at 2:00 PM.
1133 6th Ave, New York, NY 10036
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications must be completed by the Instructors and submitted by Monday, April 19, 2021.
- Send your fully completed Application Form (with any relative attachments) to Max Antig, at: email@example.com
- Alternatively, you can send your completed Form(s) by NON-REGISTERED mail, to:
Max Antig (re. HC), 136-37 Jewel Avenue, #B, Kew Gardens Hills, NY 11367.
VIDEO DEADLINE: All video links corresponding to applications must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, April 26, 2021.
- For each Application, a YouTube video link must be set up and sent to: email@example.com
- Each YouTube video must be labelled with the initials and year of the event (HC2021), followed by the applicant’s initials and age. E.g., for a 14-year-old John Smith, the respective post should be labelled HC2021JS14.
- Each video must comprise a good-quality one-angle shot, showing the performer’s full body. In the case of pianists, the entire keyboard and foot pedals must also be shown. No multi-angle shots or other forms of amplification are allowed.
- In each recording, the applicant may only announce the repertoire selection to be performed (complete title, opus number and composer). If the performer’s name or other personal information is mentioned, their application will be disqualified.
- Only full recordings of each repertoire selection must be posted, without edits or cuts; partial recordings will be disqualified.
- Each repertoire selection must be recorded on a separate YouTube video (i.e. 2 pieces will require 2 separate video links).
- Strings and Voice applicants must use a piano accompanist for all non-solo works.
- All compositions must be performed from memory, except for entries re. Composers (e.g. premier works) or Strings performers.
- On the day of the event, there will be an opportunity for brief warm-ups and rehearsals.
ELIGIBILITY & AGE LIMITS (at the time of performance): Pianists no older than 22 years of age; String Players no older than 22 years of age; Singers no older than 26 years of age; Composers no older than 27 years of age.
ENTRIES & REPERTOIRE: One or two compositions from the advanced standard repertory of Baroque, Classic, Romantic, or Contemporary composers. Arrangements are not acceptable, except for certain standard solo or ensemble pieces, which must be approved by the Concert Chair prior to the audition.
∗ ∗ ∗ Two piano ensembles (4 hands / 8 hands) are welcome to enter this year’s Concert. ∗ ∗ ∗
∗ ∗ ∗ String and Wind Ensembles (String Quartets, Wind/Brass Quintets, Piano Trios/Quartets, etc.) are also welcome. ∗ ∗ ∗
∗ ∗ ∗ Composers up to 27 years of age are welcome to premiere their work(s). ∗ ∗ ∗
PERFORMANCE TIME: No longer than ten (10) minutes in total, even for entries comprising two (2) compositions.
ACCOMPANISTS: Strings applicants must supply their own accompanists; Vocalists may use an AMTL accompanist.
EVALUATION: The Adjudicators’ reports on video auditions will be emailed to the individual Instructors.
MEMBERSHIP: To enter students at the discounted rate, an instructor must be an AMTL Member at least since December 2020. Non-Members must pay an additional fee (cf. below). AMTL Members must not be in arrears in the payment of their dues at the time of application; otherwise, Non-Member Fees will apply. Applicants and their instructors must be in good standing.
FOR AMTL MEMBERS:
ENSEMBLES / COLLAB. GROUPS:
$80 (Student Expense) per solo entry; includes 4 guest seats.
$40 (Student Expense) per performer; includes 2 guest seats per performer
$80 (Student Expense) PLUS $50 (Instructor Expense, paid separately) per solo entry; includes 4 guest seats.
$40 (Student Expense) PLUS $50 (Instructor Expense, paid separately) per performer; includes 2 guest seats per performer.
The additional $50 fee for Non-Members must be paid with a separate transaction, as it is not a Student Expense.
Please note that participation fees are non-refundable.