Associated Music Teachers League
The Luba Galpern Mid-Season Musicales is an annual concert of video auditioned participants presented by the AMTL to provide an opportunity for students from intermediate to advanced levels to showcase their performances. Participants include all instruments and singers in a solo or collaborative format. The age limit of 18 years old or younger creates a boundary wherein the entrants do not compete with college-level students whose opportunity to perform is provided by another event, the Honors Concert.
MID-SEASON MUSICALES 2022
Event Details & Fee Payment
for the 2022 Live Concerts
After filling out the Online Application Form below
click the SUBMIT button (at the bottom of the Application)
DATE: Sunday, March 6, 2022 (times TBA)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications must be completed by the Instructors and submitted by Thursday, January 20, 2022.
VIDEO DEADLINE: Video Auditions (YouTube links) must be submitted within the Application Form below, or sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by Tuesday, February 8, 2022.
APPLICATION FEES: $53.00 per Solo or Ensemble Performer for AMTL Members ($25.00 audition fee + $28.00 for 4 tickets per Performer). Non-Members must pay an additional $25.00 per Solo Application or per Ensemble as a whole.
- Concert Fees (re. tickets) will be returned to the applicants who shall not be selected to perform at the Event.
- Audition and Non-Membership Fees are NON-REFUNDABLE.
Click HERE to pay your Application Fee
Please make sure to:
- State the STUDENT/PERFORMER’s NAME in the transaction (as a reply to the question “Who is this payment for?”).
- Select the APPROPRIATE FEE: $53.00 per Performer for AMTL Members, PLUS $25.00 per Entry (Solo Performer or Ensemble as a whole) for Non-Members. Except for Performers who are 18 years old and apply in their own right, the Membership criterion regards INSTRUCTORS, not students or their parents/guardians.
* * *
Kindly keep in mind that scheduled events for 2021-2022 may need to be adjusted due to pandemic-related circumstances. All changes, if any, will be promptly announced on our website (www.amtl.org).
* * *
- Each applicant’s YouTube audition video(s) must be labelled with the initials of the Event (MSM) followed by the performer’s initials and age. E.g., for a 14-year-old John Smith, the post should be labelled MSM2022JS14.
- Each video must comprise a good-quality one-angle shot, showing the performer’s full body; applicants must not state their names, or other personal information, in their recording. No multi-angle shots or other forms of amplification are allowed.
- If an applicant is auditioning with two pieces, then two separate videos must be submitted for/by them.
- Only full recordings of the repertoire selection(s) must be posted; partial recordings will be disqualified.
- All YouTube audition video links must be sent to: email@example.com
- Changes in the audition schedule cannot be made after the links have been mailed out.
ELIGIBILITY: Pianists, Percussionists, String Instrumentalists, Singers, Wind and Brass Players up to age 18, and still in High School at the time of auditioning. There is no minimum-age requirement.
ACCOMPANISTS: Non-pianists are responsible for bringing their own accompanists.
ENTRIES: Both solo and chamber music performances are welcome. Small chamber ensembles are encouraged to enter. If the instructor of an ensemble performer is an AMTL Member, that entry may occur in addition to further entries by the same teacher.
REPERTOIRE: Only two (2) compositions per entry may be presented for performance, and one must be from the Baroque, Classical or Romantic Periods. Individual movements of Sonatinas or Sonatas will be considered as individual pieces.
- Singers’ audition repertoire must include at least one piece displaying classical vocal technique, style, and repertoire. Minimum level: folk song arrangements. If timing permits a second piece, a ‘non-belt’ musical-theater piece could be an option.
- All pianists and singers must be fully prepared and perform from memory. Abridged and/or simplified arrangements can be accepted for ensembles only.
- For auditions comprising two pieces, two separate video links must be submitted.
PERFORMANCE TIME: No longer than eight (8) minutes in total, even for entries comprising two (2) compositions. In Elementary/Intermediate Levels and Voice, both pieces can be accepted if total performance time does not exceed three (3) minutes.
EVALUATION-SELECTION: It is not unusual for only one composition to be selected for live performance. The Adjudicators’ evaluations will be emailed to the individual Instructors.
MEMBERS: To enter students at the discounted fee rate for AMTL Members, an instructor must be a Member at least since December 2021. AMTL Members must not be in arrears in the payment of their dues at the time of application; otherwise, Non-Member fees will apply. Applicants and their instructors must be in good standing.
TICKETS: Fees cover four (4) tickets per performer. Additional tickets can be purchased for $7.00 each.
CONTACT: For additional information and/or clarifications, please contact the Chairperson of the Event, Donald Isler, at the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be completed by the INSTRUCTOR (unless the Performer is 18 years old).
Please submit ONE Application per entry.