Associated Music Teachers League
Winter Musicales Event Details
THE TWENTY-NINTH ANNUAL WINTER MUSICALES (2020)
Due to the recent pandemic, in lieu of our annual live Winter Musicales at Queens College, two ZOOM LIVE CONCERTS are planned to be presented on the AMTL website, at http://amtl.org.
DATE: Sunday, December 6, 2020, at 2:30 PM and 4:15 PM.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: All applications must be submitted by Monday, November 9, 2020.
Please submit your Application at http://amtl.org/events/winter-musicales/ or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
REQUIREMENTS & SPECIFICATIONS
- Participants will perform live in front of their Zoom screens, if possible. To ensure that technical problems, such as poor internet connection and/or glitches, do not exclude any of the participants on concert day, it is strongly advised that videos of students’ performances are recorded in advance, and submitted (via YouTube links) to email@example.com by no later than Monday, November 30, 2020.
- All participants must be prepared to enter the Zoom screen 30 minutes prior to concert time, for audio and video tests.
- A group photo will be taken via Zoom screenshot at the end of each concert, and certificates will be sent by mail. To be included in the photo and qualify for the certificate, performers must attend the entire online concert.
- Both concerts will be recorded, preserved, and shared on the AMTL website.
ELIGIBILITY: Pianists through age 18; String, Wind & Brass Players through age 19; Singers through age 21.
Members must be in good standing to enter students and must have paid their 2020-2021 dues before submitting applications. Students entering this event may also be entered in any other AMTL event of the academic year (further details can be viewed at http://amtl.org, on the pages of the respective events).
ENTRIES PER TEACHER: Up to three (3) performance entries, consisting of any combination of solos and ensembles.
Each teacher may enter up to three soloists / two soloists and one ensemble / two ensembles and one soloist / three ensembles. The teacher of at least one player of an ensemble must be an AMTL Member.
MATERIAL: Although this is a special event, one for which there is no audition, high standards must be maintained.
All solo music must be prepared at a performance level and performed from MEMORY. Sheet music may be used for chamber ensembles / piano duets / piano accompanists. Photocopies of music are not allowed (unless the music is permanently out of print). Also, no abridged or simplified arrangements will be accepted for instrumentalists / singers. No concerto repertoire is allowed, either.
PIANISTS: Only standard classical repertoire originally written for piano will be accepted (except for ensembles).
Minimum playing level: Easy Bach or Mozart Minuets.
SINGERS: Repertoire must include at least one piece displaying classical vocal technique, style and repertoire.
Minimum level: folk song arrangements. If timing permits a second piece, a ‘non-belt’ Musical Theater piece may be an option.
PERFORMANCE TIME: Players will be accepted until the total performance time reaches 60 minutes per concert.
To make the performance levels as varied as possible, the following MAXIMUM time limits will apply per player:
- Early Level ……………….. 3 Minutes
- Intermediate Level …….. 4 Minutes
- Advanced Level …………. 6 Minutes
Each player may perform NO MORE THAN TWO PIECES (regardless of brevity). Teachers and students are responsible for including the EXACT timing of each piece in the Application Form(s). If a performance exceeds the time limit, the player and his/her instructor will be excluded from applying for entry in the AMTL events that will follow in the 2020-2021 season.
ACCOMPANISTS: Instrumentalists and singers must supply their own accompanists. Please mention your accompanist’s name in your Application Form, so that it can be included in the printed and/or online program of the event.
AMTL MEMBERS must pay $20.00 per solo entry and/or $30.00 per ensemble.
NON-MEMBERS must also pay an additional fee of $25.00 per entry; this is not a student expense.
- In case of multiple entries per teacher, the respective payments must be made separately (i.e., one payment per entry).
- Fees are non-refundable, unless they regard applications received by the AMTL after the completion of all available performance times..